Sunday, February 6, 2011

"Call Gustavo, I bet he has the hook-up..."

So first day back in Barca, and of course we're museum-ing right off the bat. Today, Amanda, Alana, Macie and I walked all the way to Placa Espanya and climbed up Montjuïc to the MNAC, or the Museu Nacional D'Art De Catalunya. On the way up, we had these amazing views of the city :]
with a view of the magic fountain
la sagrada from a distance
So the museum is free the first Sunday of the month, which means we saved 8.50 euros. Win.
So according to Rick Steves, the museum has a fantastic collection of Romanesque art, which of course was closed. Alana's solution: Call Gustavo. He can probably get us in.
Well we were able to see the Gothic and Baroque art. I have to say, while it's interesting to see the progression in the art...I am kind of over religious art. So when we got to the Modern section of the museum, I was way more in my element. I saw my very first Picasso piece in person, which I loved, as well as some Gaudí and Dalí. I can't wait to visit the rest of the museums in this city.

love this group <3

No comments:

Post a Comment