Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Rome=Pacman

Hola!

Okay, so, since my last blog post, the ladies and I have been doing nothing but school. More school. Exploring. School. Exploring. Shopping.
We love Barcelona. :]

So Alana and I were wandering around Les Corts...just explorin' (We were actually looking for the train station so we can figure out how to get to Sitges for carnival, and to the airport!!) and we found Parque Industrial. SO COOL. There was a group of people doing this coordinated dance--Alana and I were so into it. So there's this huge canal-like fountain thing that leads over to this HUGE statue of a dinosaur. Alana and I walked up to it, and realized there was a set of stairs going up the dinosaur's mouth...leading to the super fun slide down the dino's back. We're 20.

I wanted to talk about food. (what else is new)
So the food in Barca is really good-now, I think I've had a different experience than most people...since I only eat seafood. But my host mom cooks yummy seafood and vegetarian food ALL THE TIME. I'm learning to really love mussels, something I never really had much of at home. I've eaten them all kinds of ways...and they're so yummy. My favorite thing here BY FAR is the Spanish Tortilla...which is essentially an omlette made with potatoes and onions. My host mom puts in a little bit of green peppers, too. YUM. Favorite for sure.
I had Arroz Cubano for lunch today--rice, tomato sauce, fried platano (banana) and a fried egg on top. Delish. Alana Vega, I approve.

Paella...YUM.
TODAY Macie and I went to the beach! We're such beach girls...and the Mediterranean is just lovely. It was FREEZING and super windy...but so so beautiful. We got some delish gelato (poor life decisions?) and walked up and down the boardwalk.

Barceloneta <3
This city's beauty never ceases to amaze me. <3 <3 <3

Harbor and the W. Hotel in the background

HEY AMINS 27 DAYS TILL YOU'RE IN BARCA! :] 

HEY ROBERTO 32 DAYS TILL YOU'RE IN BARCA :] 

Typical Skype Sesh. Bizawk.

PS. Way to go, Sea Shepherds...whaling suspended by Japanese! Suck it, Japan :]

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see you in Spain. Also, what does Rome = pacman mean

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto....what does it mean? Great catching up on google talk today! Love you.

    ReplyDelete