Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Clases y más...

I haven't written in forever! I have LOTS to blog about.

Monday was the first day of classes. I'm taking Morfosintaxis II, Conceptos Fundamentales, and Union Europea. This is after the pre-semester course on Spanish language, grammar, and art history. Phew.
I had all three classes on Monday, starting with Morfo in the morning. The prof is the same one I had for Spanish grammar...Tony Torres. What a hoot. The man is a good teacher and laughs at all his own jokes.
Then Conceptos...which is essentially a history of European Civilization course. The professor is hilarious. He went around the room on Monday, and while taking attendance, guessed everyone's heritage based on their last names. Macie's was particularly amusing..."I'm from America..." nice "I'm from Dallas" moment, Mace. :]
My prof for Euro Union's name is Rafa (10 pts), was wearing a pink tie (10 pts), carried a bright orange shoulder bag with neon green interior (10 pts) and has the fairest grading system I have ever seen (10pts). Winner, in my book.
Besides classes, life has been good. I've come to realize just how much I love this city--or cities in general I think. I was telling my mom on skype (add me! priaamin) the other day that I love the bustle of the city--the pedestrians, the honking, the public transportation (seriously, I love the metro), the fast-paced atmosphere. Love it. I'm such a city girl. This is a much needed break from the rural-ness of good 'ole DPU.
Last night I took the metro down to Placa Catalunya for gelato and a stroll down the beautiful Ramblas with Macie-Pie. It was lovely, and the gelato was delicious. Though neither of us were in the mood for the forwardness of European men (or in my case the Middle Eastern ones that sell knick knacks on the Ramblas). This is a public "GRACIAS" to my personal bodyguard, Macie Mull, whose "WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU LOOKING AT" and "EYES OFF THE GOODS, CREEP" comments made for a night of female empowerment. Suck it, Ramblas guys.

1 comment:

  1. Pria Maria, your classes and teachers sound interesting and fun! Turns out you are a city girl miss greencastle! Can't wait to see you. Love you.

    ReplyDelete