Friday, January 21, 2011

Mariscos y Verduras

Today was fabulous!

Macie and I, after school, went on a little shopping spree...oh Europe, you never cease to coerce women into spending money.
Then, after a yummy lunch of pasta, Macie and I went to La Boqueria. This was one of the places in Barca that I wanted to see the most. The market was everything that I hoped it would be, and more than I saw on any culinary show profiling it. The seafood was incredible, more than half of it was still moving. The meat cases were filled with pollo, jamon, y conejos with organs intact. The vegetables and fruits were fresh and beautiful. I'm going to have to go back...definitely didn't get enough of it today!

In my home stay now, loving it. Will elaborate later!
Sagrada mañana! 

You know you're in Spain when there are HUGE slabs of pork everywhere.

2 comments: