Sunday, January 23, 2011

Señor Gaudi, me encanta sus obras...

Today was fabulous. :] (Well, duh, let's be real, I'm in Barcelona)

Alana and I met Macie, Kristina, and Amanda at the metro, and we began a long trek up Montaña del Carmel. The hills were steep, but were worth every painful step when we were able to take in the amazing view we found on top...

Yeah, I live here...

As we kept walking, we kept taking more and more pictures...there's just so much to see, and the beauty is hardly able to be caught through the lens of a camera. The walk from Parc del Carmel to Parc Güell was one of the most beautiful that I've had since arriving in this lovely city-- (Amins and Langfords...can't wait to bring you here!)
Once we found Parc Güell, we were all completely taken aback by all the work that must have gone into setting all of those incredibly detailed mosaics.
My new friends (and old) and I had so much fun exploring the park. The architecture is simply astounding, and we had so much fun exploring all the nooks and crannies of the park...

amigas <3

All the mosaic work is what you think of when you think 'Barcelona, Spain'. We saw a little of Gaudi's work last night as Mace, Amanda, Alana and I wandered through Gracía. I really can't get enough of how detailed his work is.

With a view of the city...
I can't wait to see more of his work around the city. :]
My friends and I have seen a lot of the major landmarks around Barca...Las Ramblas, Parc Güell, La Sagrada Familia, La Boqueria, Port of Barcelona...we want to see some of the famous Spanish art now! Equipped with my copy of Rick Steves, I'll keep you posted on all that we see!

Love from Barca

No comments:

Post a Comment