Saturday, January 22, 2011

Sagrada Familia y Extraño a mi familia...

Today I went to see La Sagrada familia. It is perhaps of the most amazing feats of architecture I've ever seen. It's right up there with the Trevi Fountain, and the Parthenon. The amount of detail that is in the building is incredible. Unfortunately, every tourist in Barcelona got the news that on Saturdays during the month of January, the Sagrada Familia is free (waiving the 12 euro entry fee). So when Belky, Alana, and I got off the metro, we were met with about 700 people wrapping around blocks and blocks in one of the longest lines I've ever seen. That being said, we didn't actually go into the building, but I'm sure I will before I leave Barcelona.
After that, we met up with Macie, Kristina, and beautiful Amanda who's here for the weekend visiting from Segovia. We toured La Bouqueria, Las Ramblas, and the Port of Barcelona. And after a cappuccino, I returned back to my homestay for a little rest.
Around this time when I study abroad or travel without my family, I get homesick. It's hitting me pretty hard at the moment, and it's difficult knowing how long it will be 'till I see my family... (52 days Amins and Langfords). Hopefully this feeling goes away...it's really only affecting me when I'm alone at my homestay.
Until then, I will continue to enjoy this beautiful city, and keep sending all my love home to my family and friends in Dallas, Minneapolis, Indiana, DC, Hawaii, and India. Los amo a todos. <3



Pretty cool, huh?

My hermana y yo estamos disfrutando un cappuccino.

2 comments:

  1. What a great picture of you and Macie! We miss you too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pria honey - yr Blog is SOOOOOOOOOOO interesting - I feel I am right there with you looking up at the incredible La Sagrada - You and Macie look really happy. I miss you too - all your effervescence, your bright smiling eyes - don't let the raindrops fall from your Spanish eyes !! Remember the rain in Spain . . . ?? Love you. D'ma

    ReplyDelete