Saturday, January 29, 2011

The shrimp have eyes...

Saturday in Barcelona...

Woke up at 10:30. Glorious, after waking up at 7am every day this week.
Caught up with Top Chef (RICHARD <3) and The Office (H&M4EVR).
THEN. I got to experience a real Spanish "comida" or lunch. Lunch is the biggest meal of the day here, and when I sat down, after a light salad, my host mom Mercedes brought to the table a true Spanish specialty....PAELLA. I was so excited because I've never tried it before! It was SO beautiful, and the seafood was fresh and gorgeous. I would have taken a before shot, but I was so excited to eat, that we just dug right in...clearly we enjoyed it.

Fresh Mussels, Clams, and Shrimp (there was calimari too...yum)
After that, I met up with Alana, and we walked around for awhile before meeting up with Macie near the University for a cup of tea and a pastry at our favorite café (so Euro) :]
Leaving for Andalucia in the morning, Granada first...hopefully it stops snowing soon, we're leaving behind a lot of sun in Barca!

View from the balcony of my piso...that's the Mediterranean in the background :] 

1 comment:

  1. This looks like it was delicious! You need to take a before picture next time. Have fun in the south of Spain, and be safe. Love you.

    ReplyDelete